The wax that is formed in the ears is a natural substance that protects this organ from bacteria.
However, its excessive accumulation in the ear, or the suppression of it with cotton swabs can cause extreme physical discomfort, irritation, itching, and even partial loss of hearing.
Instead of expensive products, you should choose these earwax removal remedies which you can find in the pantry and the bathroom cabinets.
Mix half a teaspoon of salt with 100 milliliters of warm water until the crystals are completely dissolved. Soak some cotton in this liquid, tilt the head, and carefully put a few drops in the ear. Wait for a few minutes, then turn the head on the opposite side, in order to let the solution get out of the ear, along with the impurities.
2. Solution with hydrogen peroxide
Mix equal ratio of warm water with hydrogen peroxide of 3 percent, and in the same way, put a few drops in the ear and remove the wax from your ears.
3. Oil for baby care
If you have a problem with hardened wax in the ears, you should put a few drops of oil for baby skin care in the earlobe. Put a ball of cotton at the opening of the outer ear in order to prevent “the leaking”. Tilt your ear in the opposite direction after a while and let the oil run out, together with the impurities.
4. Olive Oil
The olive oil is also a good solvent of the hardened wax in the ears. Put two to three drops of this multifunctional oil in the ear, before you go to bed, and notice the difference after a few days.
Do not put hot oil in the ear no matter what your grandma and the books of folk medicine say, because you may damage the skin of the inner ear.
5. Liquid of vinegar and alcohol
You can get rid of the stubborn wax with the help of kitchen vinegar. In a small bowl, mix equal amounts of kitchen vinegar and alcohol, and put a few drops of the solution in the ear.
Prevent the build-up of wax in the ears:
1. While you are showering and bathing, try to “water” the ear with tap water in order to make it moist and thus prevent the hardening of the wax in this organ.
2. Do not use pointed objects to remove the wax because you will suppress the wax in the deeper parts of the ear. You can use cotton swabs to clean the outside of the ear, but do not push them into the interior.
3. Eat foods with omega-3 fatty acids such as walnuts, oily fish and avocados, which will ease the problems with the accumulation of wax in the ears.
4. Consult your doctor if you feel discomfort in the inside of the ear, even though you have tried all the techniques.