The almond milk is very delicious, but also healthy drink – low fat, it is gluten-free and rich in Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
- 220 g of raw almonds (unsalted, not baked)
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Honey if desired
- Put the almonds in water and leave them like that during the night. It is best to keep them in the water between 8 and 12 hours. Keeping them in water is not mandatory, but it will soften the almonds and make the preparation of the almond milk easier. Then strain the almonds.
- Grind the almonds in a blender with water, add the vanilla extract and continue the blending until the mixture is homogeneous.
- If you want to sweeten you can add honey or some other healthy sweetener.
- Strain it through thick gauze and pour it into a glass jar or a bottle and keep it in the refrigerator.
Note: you can keep this milk up to seven days if you keep it in the refrigerator.