This is considered to be a very healing herb. It was known as such 5 000 years ago. It contains powerful antioxidants and has a positive effect on the body, as protection against a variety of diseases, from cancer to problems with the digestion.
The turmeric is one of the most powerful natural remedies. The active healing ingredient in the turmeric is called curcumin. The turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and a natural color. It gives a beautiful yellow color and a pleasant aroma to the dishes, and in addition to this, it serves as a natural antibiotic, cancer prevention, it helps in the cleaning of the liver and the blood, against arthritis and rheumatism, healing of wounds and rapid recovery of the damaged skin.
It has been known for a long time that the turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, and various recent studies show that the turmeric is a miracle of the nature. The beneficial effect of the turmeric in many diseases has been confirmed, from cancer to Alzheimer’s disease.
In the last years, the turmeric has captivated the attention of the scientific community due to its numerous healing properties. It contains a whole range of vitamins and minerals; primarily, it contains vitamin B6, vitamin B3, folic acid and minerals potassium, iron and manganese. It is also a good source of indigestible dietary fiber and what is particularly interesting, it also contains essential omega-3 fatty acids.
It is also suitable for diabetics because it has a positive influence on the regulation of the insulin level in the blood, and it was shown that it has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system, reducing the level of the bad cholesterol, while at the same time, increasing the level of the good cholesterol.
The antiviral, antibacterial, antimycotic (prevents the growth of fungi) and anticancer activity has been attributed to the turmeric. Also, it was found that the turmeric is good for the liver because it cleans it and enhances its ability for detoxification.
12 reasons why it is good to use the turmeric
- It has antibacterial properties, therefore it is useful for disinfection of wounds and burns
- Prevents several types of cancer
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia
- Cleans the liver naturally
- Protects from Alzheimer’s disease
- It is a natural remedy against pain
- Regulates the metabolism and helps in the weight loss
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- It has been used in China as a cure for depression for a long time
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural remedy for rheumatism and arthritis
- Speeds up the healing of wounds and quickly restores the damaged skin
- Helps in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory diseases
Definitively, the greatest asset of the turmeric is the curcumin, a pigment that is responsible for its specific color. Just because of the curcumin, the list of healing properties of the turmeric is pretty long. Namely, it was shown that the curcumin possesses strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
The curcumin, is the main fighter in the treatment and prevention of cancer. It is the most effective against cancer of the colon, small intestine, stomach, liver, prostate, breast and ovaries.
Tips how to use it
- Add a little turmeric in your salad dressing.
- The next time you prepare fried cauliflower, add a little turmeric in order to mix these two super foods.
- Marinate chicken breast with turmeric and lemon juice.
- Add turmeric in the next serving of rice, in order to get new different flavor of the rice.
- Sprinkle a little turmeric on your baked potatoes.
- In order to get a new flavor, add it in a serving of lens.
- Sprinkle a little turmeric on your scrambled eggs.
- In order to enrich the flavor, add it when you fry onions