After quit smoking, the first three days are the hardest, but at the end of the fifth day the desire for a cigarette is much smaller or disappeared. If you “withstand” ten days, success is achieved.
A large number of smokers are aware of the facts about cigarette smoke that harms health, but not persistent enough to quit cigarettes. A strong will is necessary, but sometimes not enough to solve the problem.
The reason why is more difficult leaving cigarettes is that the tobacco industry uses more substances in tobacco production, which equates nicotine and heroin addiction. Used to be the hardest to stop taking heroin, then nicotine, cocaine, and at the end alcohol and coffee. Today nicotine and heroin crisis are almost equal and that is the reason why people unsuccessfully trying to quit smoking. They need professional help because spontaneously only a very small number of people can quit smoking.
The so-called nicotinic method doesn’t reduce the number of receptors for nicotine and these preparations practically only satisfy those receptors, allowing them to live.
Non-nicotinic method acts as nicotine to the same receptors and gives a feeling of relaxation and pleasure, but at the same time don’t maintains the number of nicotinic receptors in the brain, but it decreases. These preparations contain the alkaloid cytisine which have a formula similar to formula of nicotine, but has a much smaller effect on the peripheral nervous system and blood pressure.
Despite the variety of supplies and will, the one who wants to quit smoking need good plan that will help with quitting cigarettes. If a smoker wants to quit smoking, this should be done at once, rather than gradually, say experts. The reason is that it is better to survive a few difficult days, instead to drag this state for weeks and months.
Here is a special method of quitting that lasts five days. In the first two days you will work on the rehab of physical dependence, and the next three from mental.
After quit smoking, the first three days are the hardest, but at the end of the fifth day the desire for a cigarette is much smaller or disappeared. If you “withstand” ten days, success is achieved. But, during this period you must follow these rules and tips:
1. In the moments of strong desire to smoke, you should look at your watch: watch the seconds that pass. If you hold on a minute, then you can survive another. When you go three minutes, the intensity of the desire for cigarette is minimal.
2. Bathing in warm water two to three times a day for 15 to 20 minutes, delays the desire for a cigarette. It is also good to rub with body gloves. This procedure is known in medical rehabilitation as vascular gymnastics: soothes nerves and increases circulation.
3. You should drink six to eight glasses of water between meals. The more you drink, the more nicotine will be more excreted from the body. Immediately after waking up, you should drink one or two glasses of warm water. Later, between breakfast and lunch another two glasses of water, and two glasses in the afternoon. These six glasses of water, along with fresh fruit juice reduces cravings for nicotine already during the first 24 hours of quitting.
4. In the first five days should be more rest, taking the normal daily meals at a certain time and go to bed on time. Because, if the nerves are exhausted, the desire for a cigarette will occur again.
5. After the meal, you should take a walk and deep breathe for at least 15 minutes. Avoid sitting after a meal because at that time, more than anything you will want a cigarette.